A product recall has been issued for Countdown — Halloween LED Spinning Wand.
The product has been recalled because the wand may crack open when dropped, exposing the button cell batteries.
Ingestion of button cell batteries by young children can cause internal burns which may lead to serious injuries or death.
There have been no reports of any injury.
Stop using your Halloween wand immediately.
Return your wand to any Countdown supermarket for a full refund.
For more information read here.
Button or cell batteries pose a safety threat to young children. For further information about the dangers of button batteries read here.
Prevention: Search, Secure and Share
Kids under 6 are at the greatest risk. Many coin-sized button batteries can appear “invisible” to parents because devices come with the batteries already installed. To keep your children safe:
In an Emergency: Get Help Fast
Keeping these batteries locked away and secured in devices is key, but if a coin-sized button battery is swallowed, you should follow these steps:
0 Comments Posted by Mamae Munn on 25 October 2016