Westmere Grey Lynn Plunket runs a “first aid for littlies” course, aimed at parents/carers of under five’s and is very child-specific and hands-on. Course covers:
- CPR and choking prevention
- various child-specific illnesses (including croup, febrile convulsions, and meningitis)
- how to deal with other emergency situations (like burns, allergic reactions, poisonings and bangs on the head)
- common childhood illnesses (like fevers, coughs, colds and vomiting)
- how to recognise when you need to take your baby or toddler to the doctor
- advice on safety around the home and car seats.
Courses are run three to five times a year at the Grey Lynn Community Centre. If you would like to know about the next course email us at firstname.lastname@example.org