At the Johnsonville Antenatal Classes, expectant parents can expect:
- an eight-week course or three-day course facilitated by a fully qualified and practicing midwife, PEPE educator and a wonderful team of volunteers
- to learn the essential information to prepare you for pregnancy, birth and learn the practical aspects of parenting once baby is born
- to hear from specialists in post-natal distress, car seat restraints, pelvic floor muscle development, baby massage, and baby wearing
- to learn from experienced parents about the early days at home and paternal adjustment
- a friendly environment where important information is shared about your upcoming journey
- delicious baking made by volunteers and a coffee group catch up once the course has finished
- to most importantly meet other expecting parents.
Topics covered in the course include:
- maternity services, pregnancy care, and car seat safety
- labour and new born procedures
- breastfeeding and paternal adjustment
- birth interventions and birthing partner essentials
- care following birth
- hospital visit and practical tips for your new family
- your new baby, brain development and attachment
- becoming parents, coping with a new baby.
The cost of attending the Wellington Johnsonville Antenatal classes is $180 per couple, with a 50% discount available to Community Services Card holders.
NB: The cost of courses may be subject to change
To book your Wellington Antenatal class today go to our booking site.
Please email us if the course is full. We sometimes have families unexpectedly pull out and spots free up.