The Kapiti Plunket group is a group of parents who work together to support our Kapiti Coast families. We meet once a month, in the evening at the Paraparaumu rooms, for fun and informal meetings.
Whilst the government provides funding for Plunket’s Well Child/ Tamariki Ora services, our committee provides the following valuable services.
- The upkeep of the rooms in Paraparaumu and Waikanae.
- PIN Group (Plunket in the Neighbourhood) – a coffee group for Mothers of new babies. Refer to the Kapiti Plunket facebook page.
- Playgroup – held at our Waikanae Rooms on Tuesday and Thursday from 9.30am – 11.30am.
- PIP (Plunket in the Park) – a walking group for all parents.
- Children’s Christmas Party.
We hold various fundraisers throughout the year to fund these additional services.
The committee also attends local community events to provide information about Plunket to families.
We are always looking for new faces to join us and would love to hear from you if you are able to donate some of your valuable time, whether that be as a committee member or as a casual resource for such jobs as gardening, working bees, events, baking, etc.