Our babysitting course is written for first time babysitters; you don’t need to have previous experience to enroll. It’s ideal for students aged 14 and above.
We offer the course in schools either as a one-day course or over five sessions. The online course will take approximately two (2) to three (3) hours to complete spread across three weeks.
Working your way through the online course
The nine modules are designed for you to work through in sequence. At the end of each module, it will tell you that you are ready to start the next module. To do this, you will exit out of the module you have completed and then open the next module in order.
You will learn about:
- the role of the babysitter, including the expectations of the families you are working for
- ages and stages of children from birth to school age, their basic needs and their care
- professional behaviour, including your presentation
- how to engage with children of different ages, including activities for each age group and behavioural information
- safety, including emergency situations, keeping yourself and the children safe, and basic first aid
- how to get a babysitting job.
This course is presented using videos, quizzes and activities which are fun as well as informative.
Upon completion of the course and the final quiz, you will be emailed a certificate certified by Whānau Āwhina Plunket to show employers that you have completed this course and are ready to babysit. As well as the certificate, we will email you a Babysitter’s Manual that supports all the information you have learned in the online course.