In this section, you'll find out:
- what safe sleep practices are, and how they can lower the risk of SUDI
- how to make your baby's bed and bedroom safe
- how to safely share your bed with your baby
- about making the move from a cot to a bed
- how to use a baby carrier safely.
You may be interested in the Health Promotion Agency / Te Hiringa Hauora campaign: Safe and healthy sleep for pēpe and whānau / Manaaki Tamariki: Kia au tō moe. Learn more about the campaign here. Watch ‘Just When the Sun Goes Down’, a lullaby that can be used to calm pēpē, māmā and whoever else puts baby to sleep.