Breakups are hard enough, but they can be especially challenging if there are kids involved. Co-parenting involves working together with your former partner to do what's best for your tamariki.
Here are some tips for positive co-parenting.
- Be kind, and try to communicate with each other in a respectful way.
- Keep your focus on the kids.
- Try not to make negative comments about your ex-partner in front of your kids.
- Find support from friends and whānau if you are struggling, or talk to a counsellor.
- Try to keep routines and rules consistent where possible.
Putting your children first: co-parenting