Did you find what you were looking for? Click here to leave your feedback.

In the garden

It is important to teach your child never to put anything from the garden in their mouth.

Some plants are poisonous and it is important to be familiar with those that are a danger (a list of poisonous plants in New Zealand is available from Landcare Research). Dirt can also contain poisons.

Many garden products are highly poisonous, including fertilisers and pesticides. They must be kept out of reach in a high lockable cupboard that can’t be reached by climbing.

Keep liquids in their original container. Never store poisonous liquids in soft drink bottles.

 

 

If you suspect a poisoning or need poisons advice, contact the National Poisons Centre on 0800 POISON (0800 764 766).

 

An interesting link from Plunket
Here’s something I read on the Plunket website I thought you might find interesting.
Please separate with commas.