What information Plunket may collect about you
- biographical details such as your name, address, gender, ethnicity, date of Birth, family relationships.
- your image (for example, through CCTV)
- Financial details such as banking, credit cards and tax information.
- Your emergency contacts
- employment history, qualifications, licences.
We may also collect your Health information
Your National Health Index number (NHI)
Health information includes but isn’t limited to information such as birth issues, allergies, feeding issues, vaccinations, weight.
Health information is information about an identifiable individual that is about the health of that individual, including their medical history; and any health services provided, and any information about collected during or incidental to, the provision of Plunket health services.
We may collect information about you from third parties
- referrals from lead maternity carers, District Health Boards, and other health professionals
- pre-employment vetting information for references, security, and safety checks
- agencies involved with Integrated Safety Response regarding violence.
We use your information to
- provide you and your whānau with child health services
- provide health education and information to you, your tamariki, and whānau
- provide you with information about Whānau Āwhina Plunket and our support groups, services and activities which may be of interest to you and your child
- monitor and improve the quality of our services to you, your tamariki, and whānau
- maintain a volunteer or workforce relationship with you
- maintain a financial donation relationship with you
- carry out research approved by an ethics committee.
Retention and disposal of information
Whānau Āwhina Plunket only retains your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose we collected.
Plunket is required by the Heath Act 1956 to keep the health information we collect for 10 years after we last see you. We therefore might keep some health information up to 15 years. (5 years old +10 years retention).
Employee personnel records are kept for 7 years after end of the Financial year that employment ceases.
Unsuccessful Employment applications are kept for 12 Months.
Donor and donation records are retained for 10 years.
All private information is appropriately and securely disposed of.