Q&As about pregnancy, giving birth and looking after your young tamariki through Omicron
We know many of you have questions and concerns about pregnancy, giving birth and looking after your young tamariki through Omicron.
Check out this Q&A session with our experienced health professionals Waikura Kamo and Keli Livingston, as well as Fiona Coffey from the New Zealand College of Midwives.
They cover a range of important topics, including:
- COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- What the midwifery services look like during Omicron
- What Whānau Āwhina Plunket visits look like under the red light setting
- How parents or carers can prepare and look after themselves in this difficult time
- What you can do to keep young pēpi safe from Omicron
- What you can do to keep toddlers and pre-schoolers safe from Omicron
COVID-19: Worried about your tamariki under 5?
We know many of you have questions about the best ways to keep your babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers safe at the moment.
While tamariki under the age of five years old can’t get the COVID-19 vaccination and prime their immune system to fight off Omicron, there are so many things you can do to keep them safe by strengthening the layers of protection around them.
Watch the recording of our live chat and learn a few tips from Whānau Āwhina Plunket subject matter experts on how you can protect your tamariki.