Did you know: We now offer a range of virtual services to suit your schedule and needs?
We are proud to offer the following virtual services free to whānau around Aotearoa New Zealand:
- virtual visits
- video calls with lactation consultants to provide breastfeeding support
- video calls with a nurse to provide help with sleep and settling your baby
- coffee groups
- parenting education
- Facebook live chats
To request a virtual appointment, simply contact your Plunket Nurse or call our admin line on 0800 184 803 and let us know you’d prefer your appointment to be virtual.
How it works
We use Microsoft Teams for our virtual visits. Before your appointment your nurse or our admin team will contact you via email with an appointment link.
We recommend downloading the Teams app to your computer or mobile device, but you can also open the link and join the Teams meeting via your browser (such as Chrome, Safari or Edge).
Preparing for a virtual visit
- Before your appointment starts, make sure you are in a quiet, comfortable place where you can hear and be heard
- You are welcome to have a support person with you during your appointment
- It’s a good idea to write down any questions you have for your nurse or kaimahi to answer during the appointment
- Join the meeting by clicking the link in your invite.
Help with breastfeeding
You can book a free online support session with our certified lactation consultants to get help with breastfeeding.
We also offer breastfeeding 'cafes' every weekday - these are small group sessions with a lactation consultant and up to five participants, covering general breastfeeding Q&As.